Waypoint Leadership staff will further the mission of Camp Cho-Yeh by working with Summer Camp, Road Crew, and Guest Retreats teams. They will gain knowledge, skills, and experience for full-time ministry and are responsible for:
- Organizing and preparing the Tall Pines Trail Run, Winter in the Wild, and Campy Christmas
- Preparing for and hosting Guest Retreat Groups
- Hosting events at schools and churches in the Houston area
For a full job description click here.
Your Commitment to the Program
- 54 weeks
- Willingness to grow and learn
- Serve camp guests as needed
- Willingness to build a community among staff
Our Commitment to You
- Camp experience in all departments
- Growth in leadership skills
- Develop personal strengths
- Ministry skills for your next step in life
A Waypoint is a landmark on a journey used to determine your next path. Your year spent in the Waypoint Leadership program will be a landmark; a place of reference, where skills and knowledge are gathered for your life's journey. The Waypoint Leadership Program will equip you for camp ministry or other leadership roles by providing training, experience and the great benefit of working and learning in a community that is committed to Jesus Christ. While you are at camp you can expect:
- Meals when a group is on camp
- Camp housing
- $200 a week with a finishing bonus of $1,200
- Vacation/ sick days
- Staff bible studies
- Low and high ropes training provided
- Lifeguard training and certification provided
- First aid and CPR training and certification provided
Apply to the Waypoint Leadership Program if you...
- Would like to work primarily outdoors
- Can handle physically demanding work
- Are unmarried, a college graduate, over the age of 18
- Have the ability to preform high quality, detailed work within assigned deadlines
- Have sufficient maturity to live in a community with other staff members in shared housing
- Agree with and are willing to sign Camp Cho-Yeh's Statement of Faith and Mission Statement
Have Questions? Let's talk!
Questions before you start the application?
Send us your information and start the conversation.