- Cultivating Faith
- Story: Campers will begin to understand: God’s story is my story.
- Practices: Campers will continue to participate in, and learn, core (personal and corporate) spiritual practices as they dig deeper in God’s Word. Campers will understand how the Bible is put together and how to navigate within it.
- Theology: In an effort to fight our achievement based nature, Campers will begin to understand that God loves them no matter what.
Teaching Campers to have the
As Cho-Yeh’s campers learn to navigate the Bible on their own, they begin to understand deeper truths about God’s love for them.
- Nurturing Community
- Communication: Campers will begin to recognize that apologies and forgiveness are essential to healthy relationships and living in community.
- Teamwork: Campers will learn the importance of looking outside themselves and inviting others to join in on the fun.
- Service: Campers will develop an intrinsic motivation to express kindness to others.
As Cho-Yeh’s pre-teen campers are encouraged to build friendships with cabin mates, they learn that kindness and forgiveness are essential in healthy relationships.
- Forging Character
- Integrity: While continuing to learn the importance of honesty, campers will learn to recognize the impact their actions have on others.
- Self-confidence: Campers will develop confidence in their abilities to succeed by overcoming challenges and achieving goals.
- Resiliency: Campers will learn how to exercise self-control in emotionally charged environments. In addition, they will learn positive emotional responses when faced with daunting challenges, disappointments, or lack of success.
Cho-Yeh’s pre-teen campers develop confidence in their ability to overcome challenges and increase in emotional maturity when faced with disappointments or lack of success.