Board of Directors Performance Expectations
Directors are expected to:
1. Serve as active members of a Christian church congregation.
2. Sign Camp Cho-Yeh’s Statement of Faith.
3. Govern through the Executive Director and refrain from becoming involved in the day-today operations.
4. Consider board service at Camp Cho-Yeh to be among your top volunteer commitments.
5. Be actively involved in cultivating relationships with donors, potential camper parents and retreat guests, as well as being advocates for Camp Cho-Yeh.
6. Contribute financially to Camp Cho-Yeh on an annual basis as well as participate in each capital campaign during the term of service.
7. Make attendance at all meetings of the board a high priority.
8. Attend meetings prepared to discuss the issues on the agenda along with all provided background material relevant to the topics at hand.
9. Maintain as confidential all information, data, and documents shared and discussed in the course of serving as a Director. This includes the uses of social media. Confidentiality is expected unless the information disclosed has been previously designated as public knowledge.